News & Information
All you need to do it harness your crafting might, create an awesome papercraft diorama using Minecraft Papercraft Studio, and submit a picture of it to their tumblr. We’re judging the top entries, then 57digitial are sending out awesome prizes, which you can see by clicking the image above.
It’s probably worth taking advantage of their most recent update in your creation: Papercraft Studio now features “EasyCraft” tiles that let you turn a common cardboard box into something significantly more exciting. Here’s a video that explains how it works.
In other news, an Android version of Minecraft Papercraft Studio is currently in development. More on that soon.
Owen – @bopgamel
Source Article from https://mojang.com/2013/07/create-a-papercraft-world-win-cool-stuff/
First of all, Scrolls has been released and 60,000 players are already competing for the top ranking! Read all about this new trading card strategy game over at Scrolls.com.
Also, you haven’t forgotten about the pew-pew shooter Cobalt, have you? It’s still being worked on, and the v121 update and Mac OS X release is “very, very, close to be released” Head over to www.PlayCobalt.com for videos and downloads.
And finally, Minecraft 1.6 – the “Horse Update”, will be released next week! The update has leads, carpets, hard clay, donkeys, mules, and of course horses! This update requires a new Minecraft launcher to load. We’ll post more info about that here and on Mojang.com when it’s ready.
Source Article from http://mcupdate.tumblr.com/post/53355081580
Seeds are strings of numbers and letters that can be used as a starting point for Minecraft worlds. Use the same seed as another player to create your landscape and you’ll end up in an identical environment.
Minecraft Seeds Pro is an app for iOS and Android that takes advantage of this. It’s a community-based resource that lets you search for specific seeds and discuss them with other users. You can also link your Minecraft account(s) to Seeds Pro and use it to keep in touch with friends. Soon, the app will include support for Minecraft videos too.
We thought it would be cool to show off the most popular seeds on each platform. Use the names of each seed (in bold) to generate your level. Download the app for more seeds. Have fun!
1. Rickrollin by Minecraft Seeds
2. 6038214531616065330 by Minecraft Seeds
3. Artomix by Minecraft Seeds
1. CaptainSparklez by CreepyCreeper07
2. rainbow connection by JasonRice83
3. intercraft by Ryry0624
Xbox 360 Edition
2. 1385327417 by Sir_Veillance
2. +1995483789 by DeanoRYT
MODDED by Minecraft Seeds
Have a great week everyone!
Owen – @bopogamel
Source Article from https://mojang.com/2013/07/the-most-popular-seeds-on-minecraft-seeds-pro/
Here’s the pre-release for 1.6.2! We’re planning to post this release on Monday (July 8).
The patch is focused on sorting out bugs and issues that people have found. Notable bug fixes are:
- Fixed horses starting to suffocate when touching walls
- Fixed animals escaping their pens
- Improved sprinting behavior
- On Mac, holding Ctrl while left-clicking now counts as a right-click
- Custom fonts look better
Full list of fixes:
- [MC-149] – Powered pistons drop as items in creative
- [MC-1545] – Player’s and Horses head while riding having strange behaviour when looking at the skin in the inventory
- [MC-2025] – Animals going out of fenced areas/suffocate in blocks when loading chunks
- [MC-2840] – Chat concurrency issues
- [MC-2841] – Packet flood degrades server peformance
- [MC-5770] – When putting a sign in front of water it keeps running
- [MC-7486] – Trapped Chest looks like Regular Chest in inventory / item frame
- [MC-12962] – Attacking wild Wolves with any kind of projectiles (Arrows, Snowballs, Potions) will cause any nearby tamed Wolves to attack their owner
- [MC-13167] – Reloading a world while player is in moving Minecart or riding a horse is glitchy in F5 mode
- [MC-13632] – Horses can be pushed into blocks and then take suffocation damage
- [MC-13695] – Ctrl+Click = Right Click on Mac not working
- [MC-13949] – Leads attached to mobs drop as items when right clicked in creative
- [MC-14157] – Numlock Enter not recognized as Return
- [MC-14359] – Direct Connect does not remember port
- [MC-14415] – rope part of the leash turns invisible in some angles
- [MC-15024] – Hay blocks can not be crafted back into wheat
- [MC-15161] – Gliding crosshair when on a saddled horse
- [MC-15547] – “Nether-Fortress-Only” Mobs no longer spawning in previously generated Fortresses
- [MC-16170] – Unarmored horses appear as wearing diamong armor
- [MC-16222] – Baby Zombies are far too fast
- [MC-16267] – Cannot change Horse Armor like Player Armor by clicking with another armor piece on slot
- [MC-16761] – Sprint does not happen straight away
- [MC-17673] – Distorted fonts when using a converted texturepack on startup
- [MC-18365] – Breaking sound and particles appear when placing water/lava into another source block
- [MC-18627] – The “clear” command is causing a player in creative mode to be unable to move items in their inventory.
- [MC-18828] – /clear command causes problems with animations of held items
- [MC-18976] – Health boost resets additional health every 30 seconds
- [MC-19082] – Signs placed on Fences don’t have Text
- [MC-19585] – Trying to jump on an unsaddled Horse, then equipping it with a saddle makes the Horse jump automatically
- [MC-19592] – 1.5.2 clients show server 1.6.1 as 1.3 in Multiplayer screen
- [MC-19599] – Item Dupe
- [MC-19605] – the /playsound command does not work with @a when >1 player passes the query
- [MC-20050] – Minecraft 1.6.1 demo has crashed
- [MC-21145] – Demo crashes when unable to find ‘name’ of a bound mousebutton
- [MC-21172] – resourcepack crashes
- [MC-21436] – nested colors in json chat don’t work
- [MC-22315] – Item Duplication by Mules/Donkeys
- [MC-22401] – Cannot pick block lead in creative.
To get the snapshot, use the new launcher available in the link below. To return to 1.5.2, simply start the old launcher and play as normal.
- Windows: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/Minecraft.exe
- Mac/OSX: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/Minecraft.dmg
- Linux/Other: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/Minecraft.jar
- Cross-platform jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.6.2/minecraft_server.1.6.2.jar
- Windows EXE: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.6.2/minecraft_server.1.6.2.exe
Report bugs here:
// The Minecraft and Minecraft Realms teams
Source Article from https://mojang.com/2013/07/minecraft-1-6-2-pre-release/
Have you been wondering where Minecon 2013 will take place? Click play* and wonder no more! We’ll be posting more details soon.
*One globe was harmed during the making of this video.
Source Article from https://mojang.com/2013/07/where-in-the-world-is-minecon-2013/