News & Information
Once again the majority of our time between this and the last snapshot has been spent on Plugin API related tasks (most notably inventory rewrite, block model format and block state concepting), and as such this is mostly a bugfix & mapmaker snapshot. Don’t worry, we have some cool survival plans soon!
This snapshot also has the (hopefully-)final step towards supporting name changes in Minecraft. All server files that are intended to refer to players will be automatically changed to go by UUIDs, and you do not need to do anything. However, this does mean that any third party tool will not work on these files, and will need to be updated to work with them.
Though names changes are technically supported in this snapshot, they will not be available until after 1.8 releases when we will be confident that the majority of active servers have updated to support UUIDs. We will be releasing a Minecraft 1.7.6 version soon to backport these UUID changes for normal servers.
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
- Fixed stat.useItem for many items
- Fixed bounding boxes of item frames and paintings, they can’t overlap anymore
- Fixed debug rendering of bounding boxes for many entities
- Added stat.crouchedOneCm and stat.sprintedOneCm
- Testing for scores now also works in @e entity selectors
- Fixed potential “infinite” recursion issue with the blockdata command in commandblocks
- New stat.timeSinceDeath
- Added scoreboard team property to disable death messages
- Command /scoreboard players can now filter by NBT data
- Players in creative mode can now damage entities even if they are flagged invulnerable
- Improved position handling of item frames and paintings
- Minor tweaks to the /clone command to make it more reliable
Bugs fixed in this snapshot:
- [Bug MC-2053] – Inconsistent door texture
- [Bug MC-3450] – While lying in bed nearby mobs will look above the player
- [Bug MC-11681] – Players’ nameplates are too low while sleeping in beds
- [Bug MC-31047] – Use Item Stat Corresponds to Left-click, Not Right-click
- [Bug MC-44851] – Wither cant be killed with /kill while invulnerable
- [Bug MC-45375] – Improper Cake Texture
- [Bug MC-46207] – Phantom floating mobs are generated by any spawner (including natural dungeon spawners)
- [Bug MC-46223] – @a, @p, @e or @r doesn’t include dead player
- [Bug MC-46428] – Armor Doesn’t Hide for the player himself In Spectator
- [Bug MC-46430] – Spectator mode can throw item in every place, but can’t take them
- [Bug MC-46596] – In spectator mode, mobs can still follow the player
- [Bug MC-47028] – @e selector does not accept scoreboard parameters in non-player entities.
- [Bug MC-47431] – Hand shifts to the side when crouching/sneaking
- [Bug MC-47571] – Fishing line casts below the Player
- [Bug MC-47646] – Player 2 blocks higher when sleeping in bed and noclip
- [Bug MC-47656] – Other Player’s arms aren’t moving when watching them mining/placing blocks
- [Bug MC-47696] – Block sounds are distorted if walking with left and right keys
- [Bug MC-47744] – Cannot disable experience from villager trades
- [Bug MC-48160] – Cannot hide potion effect tooltips using HideFlags
- [Bug MC-48372] – Crash when using /clone on complex structure(command block and pulser)
- [Bug MC-48476] – Falling sand doesn’t display when summoned
- [Bug MC-48503] – Placing a Sign with NBT Tags doesn’t apply the tags to sign
- [Bug MC-48512] – Vines no longer have a back face texture
- [Bug MC-48544] – Baby cow eye height is misplaced and causes them to suffocate in 1-high areas
- [Bug MC-49057] – command block T flip flop (command crash game)
- [Bug MC-49142] – /fill wrong comparator output
- [Bug MC-49305] – Server Scoreboard “36>16″ Bug
- [Bug MC-49375] – Brewing Stand CTRL+Middle Click Copy Derp
- And many more that weren’t on the bug tracker so we couldn’t mark them as fixed! Did I mention please report bugs? Thanks.
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/14w10a/minecraft_server.14w10a.jar
Report bugs here:
// The Minecraft and Minecraft Realms teams
Source Article from https://mojang.com/2014/03/minecraft-snapshot-14w10a/
In epsidode four of Radio Cobalt, Daniel and Pontus explains the nuances of Cobalt tactics, and explains the difficulties of adding online multiplayer to a reaction-based game.
Radio Cobalt is a series of videos featuring Pontus and Daniel of Oxeye Game Studio. Watch, listen and learn about Cobalt – a game made by Oxeye and published by Mojang. It’s coming to PC, Mac, Xbox 360 and PS3 this year. Buy into the PC/Mac Alpha too, if you fancy.
I’m heading out to Austin, Texas for the SXSW Gaming Expo. It is one of the only free events at SXSW and I will be doing a Minecraft talk on the Geek Stage in the convention area.
Details: Saturday, March 8th from 2:30-3:15pm at the Palmer Events Center
Come dressed in Minecraft cosplay and you may just win an awesome prize!
After the talk I’ll be hanging around to say hello to anyone who comes by.
See you this Saturday!
Source Article from https://mojang.com/2014/03/sxsw-minecraft-fun/
Scrolls has just received its fourth major update. It’s called Rebellion and brings with it new gameplay mechanics, scrolls, trials and more! Check Scrolls.com for a more thorough list of changes.
If you’re new to Scrolls, now is a great time to get involved. You can buy into the Alpha at Scrolls.com/buy.
Have a good day everyone!
Owen – @bopogamel
Source Article from https://mojang.com/2014/02/rebellion-is-here/
Suddenly, a new Minecraft update! Tomorrow morning (Wednesday February 26) we are going to update Minecraft to version 1.7.5. This is a relatively small update from 1.7.4, and brings the following…
- Minecraft Realms adds mini game support (as described in this YouTube clip)
- Several server-side performance improvements and bug fixes
- Preparations to bring Minecraft Realms to more countries!
Specifically, we aim to open Minecraft Realms to all Nordic countries (Norway, Finland, Iceland and Denmark) starting some time next week.
We are still working on snapshots for 1.8, but before 1.8 is out we already know there will be a 1.7.6 version too. Minecraft 1.7.6 will add support for the new skin system (which currently is in the 1.8 snapshots) and name changing (only the support for changing names, actually being able to change names may need to wait a little more). Minecraft 1.7.6 will be out some time after GDC in March.
// Minecraft and Minecraft Realms teams
Source Article from https://mojang.com/2014/02/minecraft-1-7-5-and-realms-to-nordic-countries/